Sunday, September 30, 2012

Logging and Blogging



I have been interning for a few weeks now. And I have learned this, I hate baseball. A big part of my responsibility is to log the games and highlight the key plays. The days that I have gone in have all been days where the Boston Red Sox are playing. I spend most of my time watching the Red Sox lose, and it is very boring to me.

I am a football fan. I can say this because of the four major sports, football, baseball, hockey and basketball, football by far is my favorite sport. I have respect for that game. In baseball, especially the Red Sox, I have lost all respect. Here is why. 

 

 The Patriots vs. The Red Sox


The New England Patriots are a very classy team. The owner Robert Kraft cares about his players on and off the field. The Red Sox however are the least classy athletes I have ever seen. They drink during games, joke around after they get pulled from games and do not seem to care they are the worst team in baseball right now. 

I have spent way to long watching the Red Sox in the past few weeks. And I am disgusted that at every chance they get, they are celebrating a time when they were winner. On September 25, 2012 for an example, the Red Sox honored the 2004 winning team. Okay that is great, you guys broke a curse or whatever, but the Patriots also won in 2004, and Patriot fans do not need to honor a winning team, because they still are a winning team. The Patriots are still striving for greatness, while it seems to me the Red Sox have given up completely. 

New Stuff With The News

Okay enough ranting about baseball and football. Here are some new things at the studio. First off we got a new producer, named Chad. Chad has previously worked at ESPN and NESN. This is important to me because if I want to continue a career in sports, I can ask him for contacts and network myself.
Other new things that happened this week, the Fox 25 Sports have just created a Titter page. This is exciting because social media is such a huge part in sports it is crazy. You can follow us @FOX25SPORTS. This also means that I might soon become responsible for maintaining the Twitter page. This will give me more responsibility. 

Another new and exciting thing is that I might be able to go into the field soon! The Patriots are playing at home next week and they need someone to go to the game and conduct the locker-room interviews. As of right now they said I can go so I am hoping this is true!! 

Okay that’s all I have for now! Maybe next week will be a little more entertaining  blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment